Hargray was established in 1947 as a family owned and operated business, then called Harcan Telephone, in Hardeeville, South Carolina. Landline telephone service was introduced to Bluffton in 1949, followed by Hilton Head in 1958. Hargray’s cable television service was established in 1980, and wireless mobile phone service was offered in 1998. Along came Dial-Up Internet in 1994, followed by High-Speed Internet in 2000. In addition to the areas above, Hargray also serves Ridgeland, Beaufort, Estill, and Pooler. In 2007, Hargray was acquired by Quadrangle Capital Partners, resulting in significant technology and business gains, while Hargray continues to maintain and foster a local presence and community involvement in the Lowcountry region.