|How do I connect my PC to a HotSpot?|
You must have a wireless-enabled PC to access Wi-Fi.
1. Click on "Start" then "Control Panel." (If Control Panel is not shown on your start menu, select "Settings" first, then "Control Panel.")
2. Double-click on "Network Connections." (You may need to click on "Switch to Classic View" to see this icon.) The "Network Connections" window will appear.
3. Right-click on the "Wireless Network Connection" icon, then click "View Available Networks." (If this option is not available, click on "Enable" instead.) The "Wireless Network Connection" box will appear.
4. Click on "Hargray Wi-Fi HotSpot" and check the "Allow me to connect..." check box, then click "Connect."
5. Open your Web browser (most commonly Internet Explorer). The Hargray HotSpot login page will appear.
6. You can connect in one of three ways:
7. You will see a security alert window. Click on "Yes" to finish signing in. Your normal homepage will be displayed.
Windows 2000, Me, 98, or Mac OS:
1. Open your Wi-Fi device configuration utility.
2. Use the configuration utility to scan for available networks.
3. From the list of available networks, connect to "Hargray Wi-Fi HotSpot." (Ensure WEP encryption is turned off.)
4. Open your Web browser (such as Internet Explorer). The Hargray Wi-Fi HotSpot login page will appear.
5. Enter the username and password provided during the trail period, then click on "Log In."
6. You will see a security alert window. Click on "Yes" to finish signing in. Your normal homepage will appear.
*Please note that these are generic instructions. For specific instructions for your own Wi-Fi device configuration software, refer to your device user instructions or the IT retailer where the device was purchased.
For additional 24/7 technical support, call 888-289-5239.